Tighten your account’s security using two-factor authentication for login.
2-Factor Authentication ensures an extra layer of security for your SurveySparrow account. You no longer have to worry about strangers stealing your passwords. With the 2-factor authentication, users require the security code to log in to the SurveySparrow account. Even if someone finds your password, they cannot log in without your security code.
Let’s see how it works.
Setting up the authentication
1. Log in to your SurveySparrow account and go to the Settings page.
2. UnderSecurity, select the “Two Factor Authentication” section.
3. Click on the two-factor authentication toggle to start the configuration.
4. Click on the “Get Started” button.
5. Use your SurveySparrow account’s password to verify before proceeding further. Click on the “Next” button.
6. Once verified, enter the mobile number to which you’ll receive an OTP to log in. Click on the “Next” button.
You will receive an SMS with the verification code to the entered mobile number.
7. Enter the received verification code to complete setting up the process.
You have now successfully configured the 2-factor authentication. You will also receive a confirmation email.
8. Click on the Done button to finish the configuration process.
You can choose to enforce the two-factor authentication for all users by enabling the “Enforce Two Factor Authentication for all users” toggle.
Download backup codes
A set of 9 backup codes will be generated when you set up the two-factor authentication. You can use the backup codes if you face any network issues while receiving an OTP.
After completing the authentication setup, click on the “View backup codes” button.
You’ll be required to authenticate with your SurveySparrow account password to view the backup codes. You can either print the backup codes or download them as a PDF file.
The Login process after enabling the 2-Factor authentication
1. Log in to your SurveySparrow account using your email & password.
2. Now, you’ll be asked to enter your security code which will be sent to your configured mobile number via text message.
3. Only after entering the security code can you log into your SurveySparrow account.
You can use the backup codes if you face any difficulty in receiving the verification code due to network issues.
Generating new backup codes
Once you use up all the backup codes for logging in, you can create a new set of backup codes. Here’s how you can generate new backup codes.
1. Navigate to your Settings page and go to the “Two Factor Authentication” section.
2. Click on the “View backup codes” button.
3. Click on the “+ Generate new codes” button.
A set of 9 new backup codes will be generated. You can either print the backup codes or download them as a PDF file.
Disabling the two-factor authentication
1. In the Settings page of your SurveySparrow account, go to the “Two Factor Authentication” section.
2. Disable the toggle to turn off the authentication.
3. Click on the “Turn Off” button.
4. You will be asked to verify using your SurveySparrow account password for confirmation.
Once verified, the two-factor authentication will be disabled.
- It prevents your account from people who can steal your passwords.
- Ensures utmost safety and security
- Each backup code can be used only once. You can generate new backup codes once you exhaust the existing ones.
- Users can add their respective mobile numbers and need not depend on the account owner.
- Users who use SSO or SAML 2.0 for login can’t use the verification code.
Can I change the mobile number after setting up the authentication?
Sure, you can! You can just disable the two-factor authentication and enable it again with your new mobile number.
How many backup codes can I use?
When you complete setting up the two-factor authentication, you will be allotted 9 backup codes. You can use each of them once to log in to your account. Once you’ve used all 9 backup codes, you can generate a new set of 9 backup codes.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any queries. We are just a chat away!
Please sign in to leave a comment.