Create/Update Subscribers & Deals on your ActiveCampaign account directly from your survey responses
ActiveCampaign integration with SurveySparrow lets you create and update subscribers or deals on your ActiveCampaign account directly from your survey responses.
Let’s see how it's done:
1. Create a new survey or choose one from the existing templates.
2. Navigate to the INTEGRATE tab and enable the ActiveCampaign toggle.
3. Enter your ActiveCampaign API URL and API TOKEN to authorize your SurveySparrow account.
4. To find the API token and URL, log in to your ActiveCampaign account. Go to Settings → Developer. Your credentials are right there.
5. Once the authorization is done, you can choose to create or update a subscriber/deal on your ActiveCampaign account.
Create/Update Contacts (Subscribers) on ActiveCampaign from Survey Responses
To create/update Contacts on ActiveCampaign
1. Choose the ActiveCampaign Object as Contacts.
2. Check the Add as Non-Subscriber box if you want the contacts to be added as
3. Choose the Contact List where the details need to be added.
4. Then map your survey responses to the corresponding ActiveCampaign fields.
5. Click on Save to save all your actions.
- It’s mandatory to map at least one of your survey responses to the Email field of ActiveCampaign.
- Email-id is the unique identifier here. If you pass a duplicate email Id with different contact details, existing details will be replaced with new details.
Now whenever your survey gets a new response, a new contact is created on ActiveCampaign in real-time.
Create/Update Deals on ActiveCampaign from Survey Responses
To create a new Deal
1. Choose the ActiveCampaign Object as Deals and Action as Create from the dropdown.
2. Now map your survey responses to the corresponding ActiveCampaign fields.
3. Click Save to save all your actions.
- Here the Mandatory Fields are, Title, Currency, Value, Group ID, Stage ID, Owner ID, and Contact ID. Now whenever your survey gets a new response, a new Deal is created on ActiveCampaign, in real-time.
To update an existing deal on ActiveCampaign
1. Choose Update as the Action Type from the dropdown.
2. While configuring the unique identifier, you can choose to go with either a Question or a Variable.
3. If you’re going with a Question, pick a question from the dropdown and map your responses to the corresponding ActiveCampaign fields.
4. And if you’re going with a Variable, you’ll have to first add a custom variable under the global variables section on your survey builder.
5. Create a custom variable, say deal_id.
6. Go back to the ActiveCampaign Mapping Page.
7. Choose the unique identifier type as Variable and select the global variable (in this case, deal_id) from the dropdown.
8. Now map your survey responses to the corresponding ActiveCampaign fields.
9. Click Save to save all your actions.
- The variable deal_id should be passed along with the survey to update the deal entry of ActiveCampaign.
E.g. If your existing deal_id is 46, the survey URL which you need to share should be
10. Whenever the survey gets new responses, the existing deals will be updated with the new details in real-time.
To disable the integration, go back to the integrate tab and disable the toggle.
And that's it! Hope you found this integration helpful.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions. We are just a chat away!