Managing reviews promptly can amplify an app’s discoverability. The algorithm of the Google Play Store favors apps that engage with their community, thus catapulting in search results.
In a crowded space where visibility is paramount, reviews are a lighthouse attracting potential users to your digital shores. That’s where managing your brand’s reputation in the Google Play Store becomes essential.
Let’s see how to connect your Google Play Store app’s reviews with SurveySparrow’s Reputation Management.
If you already have a Google Cloud Project, you can use the same and skip the “Create Google Cloud Project” step.
Create Google Cloud Project
1. Log in to your Google Cloud console account and select the project option.
2. If you have already created a project, select the same. If not, click New Project to proceed.
3. Enter the details of your project and click Create.
Enable Google Play Developer API
Once you have set up the Google Cloud Project, you need to enable the Google Play Developer API for this project.
1. Click the project option to select your active project.
2. Click the project to be used to connect the reviews with SurveySparrow.
3. Navigate to the Google Play Android Developer API page.
4. Click Enable.
Create Service Account
1. Log in to your Google Cloud account.
2. Navigate to Service Accounts through IAM & Admin.
3. Click Create Service Account.
4. Enter the Service account details for your reference and click Create And Continue.
5. Under “Grant this service account access to project,” click Select a role option.
6. Select Browse role.
7. Click Continue to proceed further.
8. Click Done to finish creating the service account.
You can now see the new service account created.
9. For the created service account, click the 3-dot icon under Action and select Manage keys.
10. Click Add Key and choose Create new key.
11. Choose JSON and click Create.
The JSON file will be downloaded automatically. Ensure that you save it securely since it can’t be generated again. This file has to be uploaded while connecting your app with SurveySparrow.
Add User & Permissions
Note down your service account’s email and reach out to your Google Play Console Admin to add it as a user.
For Google Play Console Admin
1. Log in to your Google Play Console account and navigate to Users and permissions section.
2. Click Invite new users.
3. Enter your Service account’s email.
4. Navigate to the Account permissions section.
5. For App access, enable “View app information and download bulk reports (read-only)” permission.
6. For User feedback, enable “Reply to reviews” permission.
7. Click Invite user to complete adding the user with the required permissions.
All set! You’ll now be able to access the Google Play Android Developer API through the Service account.
Connect Google Play Store App to SurveySparrow
1. Log in to your SurveySparrow account and navigate to the account’s settings.
2. Move to the Manage Platforms section under Reputation Management.
3. Click Add New Platform.
4. Choose Google Play Store from the Select Platform options.
5. Enter your app’s URL.
Get your URL from your app’s page in the Google Play Store. Refer to the below screenshot to find an app’s URL.
6. Enter a label name for your reference.
7. Upload the JSON file containing your Service account’s private key details, which was created and downloaded after creating the Service account.
8. Click Save Platform to complete the setup.
That’s it! Reply to your reviews, flaunt your best reviews, and create workflows to manage your Google Play Store app’s reviews.
- Your app’s reviews will be fetched starting from the previous day of connecting with SurveySparrow
- Reviews from the Google Play Store will be updated on our platform every 24 hours
- Ensure you save the JSON file containing the private key details securely since you can download it only once
Please reach out to us if you have any questions. We’re just a chat away!