Adding a CNAME record in GoDaddy allows you to connect your domain to SurveySparrow or any other service by redirecting traffic from your domain to the desired destination.
Now let's get this started.
1) Log in to your GoDaddy account Visit GoDaddy.com and log in to your account by entering your username and password.
2)Once logged in, navigate to "My Products", scroll down and choose the purchased domain name from the list
3) Click on the 3 dots and choose "Manage DNS" (located next to the domain name); this will take you to the DNS Management page.
4) Now, click on the 'Add' button. A new window will open, and you'll be prompted to choose the type of record you want to add. Choose 'CNAME' from the list.
5) Enter the CNAME details. After selecting 'CNAME,' you'll need to enter the details of the CNAME record. In the 'Host' field, enter the alias or subdomain that you want to create (e.g., www). In the 'Points to' field, enter the domain name that you want to redirect traffic to (e.g., example.com).
6) Save the changes. Once you've entered the details of the CNAME record, click on the 'Save' button to save the changes. The new CNAME record should be visible in the 'Records' section of the DNS Management page. (For more details, visit Add a CNAME record)
Note: The same process applies for TXT file too, in the "Type" drop-down, choose TXT to add a TXT file and follow the same instructions
7) Wait for DNS propagation. It is important to note that it may take some time for the changes to take effect due to DNS propagation. This process can take anywhere from a few minutes to 48 hours, depending on when the DNS servers update their records.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions. We are just a chat away!